We ask one of our newest instructors about secret talents, books, and what dish she can't pass on—and laughed during the process.
1. What’s your favorite movie of all time?
Pretty Woman, A League Of Their Own, and Steel Magnolias (no one should ever have to pick between those 3!)
2. Coffee or tea?
A little COFFEE with my creamer
3. What’s your favorite song to sing in the car or shower?
Usually something with someone who has the most HEAVENLY voice that I'll never be able to come close to! i.e. Natalie Grant, Kari Jobe, Christina Aguilera
4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Occupational wise, a nurse (lol at me), but in general, a wife and momma!
5. Favorite barre move?
Squats and abs
6. Who’s your celebrity crush?
Blake Lively and Julia Roberts. Oh, was that a guy question? I played softball in college, it's fine!
7. What is your favorite thing to do to unwind?
8. Do you have any secret talents?
I'm reallllll talented at window shopping
9. What is the last thing you looked up on google?
I unsubscribed from a lot of emails
10. What is something you want to try that you haven’t yet?
A pair of shoes I saw while window shopping!
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
An annoyingly loud tv! and when people talk while other people are talking (I do that though, so basically I annoy myself)
12. What is something about you that most people not know?
I came in 3rd at a Punt, Pass, and Kick contest when I was 8.... out of 3 people
13. If you had a time machine, would you go back in time or into the future, and what time/where would you go?
I would so GO BACK IN TIME. I've always said I wanted to go to high school with my parents! # 1 because I love them and want to be their best friends! #2 I think I could have enjoyed that time period! They aren't too old but no phones, no computers, no email. Just a tv you had to get up to change the channel to. You know, simple times
14. Where’s somewhere you want to visit that you haven’t yet?
ALL OF EUROPE! And the west coast. And the North East. Good Lord I need to get out more!
15. Are you reading anything right now?
I'm in the middle of like 4 books. And have just preordered 2 more. But usually a Lisa Harper, Jen Hatmaker, Christine Caine, Lysa Terkeurst written book. Or something on marriage. Because I need all the help I can get!
16. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Eel I guess.
17. What’s your favorite viral video?
The girl at her graduation falling for like 27 minutes and the people in the background commentating the whole thing! Dead. (Click here for the video)
18. Which movie, book, or show do you think is overrated?
The Lord of the Rings, 50 Shades of Grey, Star Wars.
19. Do you prefer the mountains or the beach?
Ugh. I love both equally but the mountains usually refrain from giving me sunburn so that puts them a little over the edge!
20. What dish can you not resist?
PASTA AND BREAD, yes lord!
21. What is your favorite quote or piece of advice?
My mom told me when I was getting recruited to play softball in college "go where you are wanted" and that has rung true for most things in my life so far. But also prayed this verse over me my senior year of high school, Luke 1:45 "Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!" The whole passage this particular verse is found in Luke is one of my very favorites!